If you have been charged with illegal gun possession or use of a firearm in the commission of another crime in Las Vegas or Henderson, we will work to dismiss the charges or minimize the consequences you face. Contact a defense attorney at Nevada Law Group to discuss your rights and your legal options.

A conviction on a weapons charge or other crime may bar you from legally possessing a firearm in the future. A conviction for domestic violence — even if no weapon was involved — may result in a lifetime prohibition against possessing a gun. For this reason, aggressive legal representation is critical for any criminal charge.

Our criminal defense law firm serves clients charged with:

  • Possession of an unlicensed handgun, shotgun or rifle
  • Possession of outlawed assault weapons
  • Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit
  • Carrying a firearm or deadly weapon into a casino, bank, post office, military base or federal installation
  • Unlawful discharge of a firearm
  • Use of a gun, knife or other weapon in the commission of another offense

Aggressive, Effective Defense Against Weapons Charges

Weapons charges can be misdemeanor or felony violations, depending on the nature of the offense and the jurisdiction. Such a charge can be a crime in itself, as with illegal possession, or it may be an enhancement of other charges, as in assault and battery with a deadly weapon.

Any of these weapons charges can result in serious jail or prison time, forfeiture of future rights to possess firearms and implications for your current or future employment.

The experienced lawyers at the Law Office of Louis Schneider meet allegations aggressively to secure the best possible outcome. We will challenge on search and seizure grounds to prevent a conviction at trial or negotiate with prosecutors to a lesser offense to avoid jail and other consequences.

Contact a weapons charge defense lawyer today for a free consultation. We will give you straight answers about what is likely to happen based on the evidence against you.